It’s that time of year again – the whirlwind of the holiday season is behind us, and we are once again facing a new year of growing our businesses – what are you going to do differently this year? Now is the best time to take hold of your business plans for the coming year. Here are 5 tips to help give your business the right start for 2013.
- Set Goals – Make sure you set Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-bound (S.M.A.R.T) goals. These goals don’t have to be perfect – you can always refine them as the year goes on, but write them down and keep measuring yourself against them – it will keep you focused.
- Identify your Ideal Customers – Not all business is good business. There are some customers who drain your resources, are not profitable, and wear you down. Who are your best customers now, and how do you find more of them? Create a plan to grow your business the right way and target the right people.
- Online Visibility – Have you checked your online visibility lately? Have you tried Googling your business category and seeing where you appear in the results? Does your website look good? Tip: Get a friend or relative to try finding you online – they might search in a different way than you do as an “insider”.
- Reputation – What are others saying about you online? What is your rating on Yelp? If it’s not good, what are you doing to address it? Make sure you address any customer service issues before they become an online problem.
- Activity Plan – Come up with 2-3 things that you will do on a regular basis through 2013 to show people that your business is alive! This could be business networking, or promote your business online, or write a blog and/or social media posts on a regular basis. If you don’t know how, ask an expert for help.
For more help and advice on marketing your business for success in 2013, contact Dave Steer at WSI Digital Marketing – (855) 974-3444.